Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Monitor data without wearing the watch

Hi,

I work in a place where I'm not able to wear my watch. Its okay for me to have my iPhone (on silent) with me and using a safety pin keep my watch on the inside of my jacket.

I also own a heart rate strap (a wahoo) that I wear during workouts and that pairs/works fine.

What I would like to know is the following:

Would my apple watch (series3) keep the connection with the wahoo and use/record/apply its data even if im not wearing the watch.

What I hope to achieve:

Wear the wahoo heart rate strap, have it send data to the apple watch and record the data without actually wearing the watch. Im rather curious to know how my workday gets tracked with things like energy spent and steps made.

Thank you for thinking along with me.

Pim

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 5

Posted on Jul 3, 2019 8:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2019 9:24 AM

If your not wearing your Apple Watch, it won’t track any data. It also won’t connect to another device if it’s not unlocked and being worn. What you want to do isn’t possible- the Watch is probably not a device for.

Similar questions

1 reply

Monitor data without wearing the watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.