Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use AppleWatch features without it being connected to BlueTooth or WiFi 24/7 (no cellular either)?

I am specifically interested in the heart rate monitor and ECG/EKG feature. Does the watch HAVE to be connected in order for those features to work? Or can I still use those features in real-time—without being connected—and then, at the end of the day, connect to BT or WiFi in order to download any info from the day that I want to keep?

Basically I'm looking for a wearable fitness tracker with a reliable heart rate monitor (to track irregular heart beats) but I don't want all the radiation of wearing it on my body all day.

Thanks!

Posted on Dec 19, 2020 3:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2020 3:57 PM

I think your plan should work. Take a look at Apple Support Doc https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205547 for all the stuff which works away from outside connectivity.

Similar questions

1 reply

Can I use AppleWatch features without it being connected to BlueTooth or WiFi 24/7 (no cellular either)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.