Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is SelectMaker? I see it as an extension in Safari and want to know what it is for.

What is SelectMaker? I see it as an extension in Safari and want to know what it is for.

Is it a virus? Something strange happened on my Mac today, a window came down from the title bar saying "Installation complete" even though I wasn't installing anything. It looked like a picture (low resolution) and I couldn't move the cursor very much (it was like the cursor was frozen). I force quit everything and after a minute or two normal operation resumed...so now seeing this extension SelectMaker has me concerned. I uninstalled the extension and deleted the associated SelectMaker app.

Thanks!

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 3, 2019 12:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2019 11:42 AM

Hey, bdm08619.

I see that you are having an issue with an extension and app that was installed without your approval. You found SelectMaker in your Safari extensions and the application folder on your Mac, and I'm glad to help.

How to block pop-ups in Safari -- Follow the steps in this article to block pop-ups in Safari. 

If Safari is slow, stops responding, quits unexpectedly, or has other issues -- Here are other ways to protect Safari browsing.

Malwarebytes Cybersecurity for Windows, Mac, Android & iOS -- If you find any other instances of SelectMaker on your Mac, install and run Malwarebytes.

Take care.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 4, 2019 11:42 AM in response to bdm08619

Hey, bdm08619.

I see that you are having an issue with an extension and app that was installed without your approval. You found SelectMaker in your Safari extensions and the application folder on your Mac, and I'm glad to help.

How to block pop-ups in Safari -- Follow the steps in this article to block pop-ups in Safari. 

If Safari is slow, stops responding, quits unexpectedly, or has other issues -- Here are other ways to protect Safari browsing.

Malwarebytes Cybersecurity for Windows, Mac, Android & iOS -- If you find any other instances of SelectMaker on your Mac, install and run Malwarebytes.

Take care.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.