Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to send or receive media(photos) over third party application (whatsapp and facebook messenger)

Hi - I need help regarding the issue that I am unable to send or receive media on third party application.

If someone sends a media, I could not download and it says an error as "couldn't download image.try again. If the problem keeps happening, try turning off Wi-Fi or VPN, or connecting to a different Wi-Fi network". I am not using any VPN settings over phone. I have tried connecting it to different wifi connections too.

Also I could not send any media to anyone except the snapshots. and even they cannot open the images sent by me.

But it all works with imessage.

As suggested by support team, I have updated ios as well as reset all the settings. Still no luck.

has anyone run into the same problem?

iPhone X, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 3, 2019 2:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2019 3:18 PM

Hi kavita225,

Sorry to hear about your issue. Facebook is currently experiencing issues on their end. Multiple users have reported this and are experiencing issues just like you. They are working to find a solution. Unfortunately there is nothing you can do.

Hope it helps,

Michael Helps

1 reply

Unable to send or receive media(photos) over third party application (whatsapp and facebook messenger)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.