Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issue with ordering photo book from Photos

Hi all,

I could really appreciate some help! I've been working on a photo book for my dad for his birthday. I've finally finished, but when I try to order it, I get an error message saying "Upgrade required. Ordering is no longer available for this version of Photos. Upgrade to the latest version before ordering."

Is anyone able to help me do this? I tried updating my mac through the App Store, but that I'm getting the same error message. There is no option to update Photos in the App Store so I'm not sure what to do.

Any help would be appreciated! I worked really hard on this and would be devastated if I cannot order it.

Thanks in advance!

MacBook, macOS 10.12

Posted on Jul 3, 2019 3:55 PM

3 replies

Jul 4, 2019 6:29 AM in response to B_13

Since your book is ready for printing, you could save a PDF preview of the book. Then send this PDF file to one of the print services that can print Apple Books from PDF files.

To be able to use the project extensions for printing from Photos, you need to upgrade the Mac to macOS 10.13 or macOS 10.14. This will upgrade Photos for Mac to Photos 3.0 or Photos 4.0. Your signature is showing macOS 10.12. You cannot use project extensions at all on this system. If your Mac is too old to be upgraded have a look at this user tip: Ordering Books and Calendars on a Mac tha… - Apple Community

Issue with ordering photo book from Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.