Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't order my photo book on my MacBook Air using the Photos app.

I'm trying to order my photo book on my MacBook Air using the Photos app. It says, "Upgrade Required" and "Ordering is no longer available for this version of Photos. Upgrade to the latest version before ordering." but there is no latest version. What do I do?

Posted on Aug 27, 2019 5:58 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Aug 27, 2019 8:53 AM in response to adman138

Apple stopped the print services completely. If you are running an old version of Photos - Photos 1 to 3, it will allow you to create books, but you cannot order them any longer. Upgrading the system to macOS 10.14 Mojave with Photos 4.0 will allow you to use third party project extensions as described by Rich. But Photos 4.0 does no longer support the creation of Apple Photos books at all, so you can no longer even create a PDF book to print yourself.

Since your book is ready for printing, I would simply save the PDF version of your book and upload it to Mimeo, Presto Photos, or any other service that can print Apple Books from PDF files. This is described here: Ordering Books and Calendars on a Mac that cannot be upgraded past El Capitan

Aug 27, 2019 8:31 AM in response to adman138

The Photos app is embedded in the operating system. To upgrade to a new Photos version requires upgrading to a new operating system. The current operating system is Mojave, with Photos 4. Apple no longer provides a Photo Book service. However, with Mojave and Photos 4 you can, from within the Photos app, click on File/Create/Book/App Store to get a list of photo book apps that you can download and use as extensions to create photo books. Then when you click on File/Create/Book the downloaded photo book app will show as an available extension that you can click on. Many people use Mimeo or Motif, but there are several other choices.

-- Rich

I can't order my photo book on my MacBook Air using the Photos app.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.