Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to undo home screen reset

I accidently reset my home screen and now all my apps have been rearranged. How do I recover my initial home screen? I saw a YouTube video that said to reset the content and settings but my last backup was may 22nd and I dont want to lose everuthing after May. Please help

iPhone 8, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 3, 2019 9:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2019 9:21 PM

There is no way to undo a reset of your home screen. If you don't want to do a restore from your most recent backup, then you'll have to set up your home screen again.

How to move apps and create folders on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Move and organize apps on iPhone - Apple Support

4 replies

Jul 3, 2019 9:37 PM in response to lil192

Yes, however, you can transfer your photos & viseos to your Mac or PC. Do that first, then the restore with your most recent backup, and lastly sync the photos and videos to your phone. Oh, and do yourself a favor, back your photos up to an external drive while you're at it.

Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

How to Sync Photos to iPhone - iPhoneLife

How to undo home screen reset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.