Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does apple music use more battery on iphone 8?

It seems that since I started using apple music the battery on my iphone 8 runs down much faster?

Is this a battery problem with the iphone8? Apple music issue?

Any ideas? My phone is under warranty until January of 20 so perhaps I should get a battery replacement for free?

iPhone 8, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 4, 2019 2:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2019 12:38 AM

Heya! This is a great question with a super simple solution:

See the poorly drawn yellow circle I drew in around that little pink button? Go through all your favorite go to music albums (you can even do this with Apple Music playlists) and while connected to WiFi and your charger, hit that pink button...

...Notice now after a progress bar fills the buttton has changed to downloaded... you probably were streaming all of your music off the battery. This would kill my iPhone 8 battery prior to me trying this. Now, my iPhone 8 battery rocks when I use Apple Music... as long as the beats are downloaded prior to being on the go ;)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2019 12:38 AM in response to janet159

Heya! This is a great question with a super simple solution:

See the poorly drawn yellow circle I drew in around that little pink button? Go through all your favorite go to music albums (you can even do this with Apple Music playlists) and while connected to WiFi and your charger, hit that pink button...

...Notice now after a progress bar fills the buttton has changed to downloaded... you probably were streaming all of your music off the battery. This would kill my iPhone 8 battery prior to me trying this. Now, my iPhone 8 battery rocks when I use Apple Music... as long as the beats are downloaded prior to being on the go ;)

Jul 4, 2019 2:36 PM in response to janet159

Apple only replaces batteries for free in case there's a problem with the battery itself.

If you battery performs worse because of the regular use (and it should be, because batteries do age overtime and lose capacity), then Apple won't replace it for free.

Of course, streaming and listening to music does use the power of the phone.

Does apple music use more battery on iphone 8?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.