Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My USB-C power adapter is defective

This is the second time the original USB C cable is dying on me, in one week.

Replaced the first time at the Apple Store... and now the new one failed again

Diagnostic of my device shows no fault.

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 4, 2019 3:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2019 6:01 PM

If the problem is with the power brick, then unplug it from the electrical outlet for a minute to let the internal circuitry of the power brick reset. Also try another electrical outlet in case you have an electrical issue in the room/house causing the adapters to fail.

Try using the other USB -C ports on the laptop.

Take your laptop, charger and cables back to the Apple Store and have them check it all out again. It is possible you have another problem which is causing the failure.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 4, 2019 6:01 PM in response to MandelMobileMe

If the problem is with the power brick, then unplug it from the electrical outlet for a minute to let the internal circuitry of the power brick reset. Also try another electrical outlet in case you have an electrical issue in the room/house causing the adapters to fail.

Try using the other USB -C ports on the laptop.

Take your laptop, charger and cables back to the Apple Store and have them check it all out again. It is possible you have another problem which is causing the failure.

Jul 4, 2019 10:34 PM in response to HWTech

Thanks for the advice.

Have tried the processes you mention above -- no resolution. The USB C cable is now dead I guess.

Ran also the device diagnostic to show no fault.

Going this morning to the Apple Store for a check -- Last time they changed my USB C cable. -- I'll see this time to have the brick changed as well. -- My device is just 20 days old.

I'll report back.-

Thanks again.

My USB-C power adapter is defective

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.