Is there a known flaw for Apple 140W USB-C Power Adapter?

Apple 140W USB-C Power Adapter and USB-C to MagSafe 3 Cable - I had the power adapter for less than a year and it now works on and off. I made sure its not the outlet nor the cable since I have a Ankar travel UBC power adaptor. Thank you.

Posted on May 8, 2023 4:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2023 6:10 PM

I have not heard of any issues with the 140W charger.

Have you tried using a USB-C cable to charge the laptop instead? Perhaps the issue is just with the Magsafe charging port.

Here is an Apple article for troubleshooting MagSafe charging issues:

If your MagSafe cable or power adapter isn't working - Apple Support

I highly recommend taking the laptop, charger & charging cable to an Apple Store or an Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined while the laptop is still under warranty.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 8, 2023 6:10 PM in response to peaceypz

I have not heard of any issues with the 140W charger.

Have you tried using a USB-C cable to charge the laptop instead? Perhaps the issue is just with the Magsafe charging port.

Here is an Apple article for troubleshooting MagSafe charging issues:

If your MagSafe cable or power adapter isn't working - Apple Support

I highly recommend taking the laptop, charger & charging cable to an Apple Store or an Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined while the laptop is still under warranty.

May 8, 2023 6:27 PM in response to peaceypz

Nothing in particular. Apple also has multiple suppliers, with each one having its own designs built into Apple’s “form factor”.

All Apple accessories have at least a one year warranty from the purchase of the device that it was packaged with or as a retail sale. If it’s less than a year it should be an easy warranty replacement. There probably won’t be more than a cursory check as intermittent problems aren’t where they can tap into a diagnostic log like with Macs.

Is there a known flaw for Apple 140W USB-C Power Adapter?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.