Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Best way to wirelessly stream downloaded NetFlix content to TV

I have the old Apple Digital AV Adapter and it was fine until that iOS update a year or so ago (11.3?) that broke NetFlix and Tivo from playing downloaded/saved stuff through the AV adapter to the TV.

Since then I've upgraded to an iPhone X and am on iOS 12.3.1

Just to be clear:

I'm not talking about wirelessly streaming Netflix "streaming" content.

I'm talking about where one downloads NetFlix shows to the iPhone to play later (ie, hotel, etc. that either has horrible WiFi or something) and watch on an HDMI-enabled TV.

I'm seeing some contradictory info.

I *think* the Digital AV Adapter is still "not working" (plus it's wired) with NetFlix.

I *think* Apple TV may work, (via Airplay) but unsure. (not to mention, $200? Ouch).

Airplay Express is about the same price as Apple TV, so not going to bother with that.

I've seen some third-party devices, but seems NetFlix is still a no-go with those, hence my apprehension about $200 for the Apple TV.

So I guess:

1) Is Apple TV able to allow me to mirror/stream (wirelessly) my DOWNLOADED NetFlix content from my iPhone to it?

2) Is there a cheaper/better alternative?

iPhone X, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 5, 2019 8:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2019 8:42 AM

Apple has no control over Netflix.

Contact Netflix Support team and ask what are their terms for streaming their content.

1 reply

Best way to wirelessly stream downloaded NetFlix content to TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.