Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Files deletion does not decrease iCloud storage space

Due to my iPhone constantly alerted me about topped 200Gb I went ahead and deleted around 15Gb worth of files and several Gb's of photos and videos. To my surprise iCloud storage count did not move down. Now, almost a week after I deleted that bunch of files, it had not been reflected at storage usage count.

I checked Recently Deleted files and photos - nothing is there.

How to resolve this? Apple support chat does not work for me - throws some weird error with alphanumeric code.

Posted on Jul 5, 2019 12:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2019 1:50 PM

Try going to iCloud.com/iCloud Drive using a computer browser and click on Recently Deleted at the bottom right. If there are files there you do not need, delete them. Then try iCloud.com/Settings and go to Advanced at the bottom left. Access Restore Files. If there are files there you do not need, delete them.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2019 1:50 PM in response to oleksandriegorov

Try going to iCloud.com/iCloud Drive using a computer browser and click on Recently Deleted at the bottom right. If there are files there you do not need, delete them. Then try iCloud.com/Settings and go to Advanced at the bottom left. Access Restore Files. If there are files there you do not need, delete them.

Files deletion does not decrease iCloud storage space

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.