Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why is safari 10.1.2 not loading pages correctly?

hello

safari stopped loading pages correctly.

i am running os 10.12.6 on a 27 inch imac. all pages load incorrectly. firefox does not have this problem. this screenshot is of the espn.com homepage. the links do not work.

iMac 27", macOS 10.12

Posted on Jul 5, 2019 2:18 PM

10 replies

Jul 5, 2019 6:48 PM in response to bxlev

Have you checked the App Store for a Safari update?

Safari can’t open a website

Safari – slow page loads

Safari - Unsupported third-party add-ons may cause Safari to unexpectedly quit or have performance issues

Safari doesn't load a page or webpage items are missing

Web Content not responding

Try setting up another admin user account to see if the same problem continues. Please post back on whether or not this worked. Also try the Safe Mode. Please post back on whether or not this worked.

Isolating an issue by using another user account 

Safe Mode - About

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor.  Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown. If the log won’t post, try posting it in Pastebin and provide a link in a reply        Pastebin

Etrecheck – System Information

Jul 5, 2019 9:36 PM in response to Eric Root

hi

one more point which may be helpful in resolving the safari trouble: search pages, with test only, are rendered correctly. webpages with any kind of multi media or still image content, are not. they are rendered like the screenshot included in my initial question.

here is another example of how safari renders webpages with multi media content; this is the the homepage of my website. it contains a slideshow & lots images.

Jul 5, 2019 9:15 PM in response to Eric Root

eric

thanks for the response. i have tried booting up in safe mode & have also tried using another administrative account. neither of those fixed the problem. i will check the app store for updates, but highly doubt if that will fix the trouble- especially since it had been working fine on 10.1 up until a few days ago.

i believe it is related to how safari is rendering webpages.

Jul 6, 2019 11:49 AM in response to Eric Root

hi

yes i did read the related articles.

when i created the new admin account yesterday i must have errored. when i did it today all the pages loaded correctly in safari. so the trouble is in my admin. account. how do i troubleshoot my account?

cant copy & paste the whole etnecheck report. dont know anything about pastebin & dont like to sign up for anything i absolutely dont have to. is there relevant parts of the report i can copy & paste or a different service that doesnt require me signing up?

by the way, my computer has no other known problems. firefox runs without any issues.

Jul 6, 2019 11:57 AM in response to bxlev

You can post the log into PasteBin by clicking the link and pasting in the report. You do not have to sign up for PasteBin to make a copy. The copy will eventually be deleted. Just make sure you copy the URL address before closing the page.

The other option is to copy a portion of the report and paste it into a new post. Then copy the next portion of the report and paste it into a new post. Make the required number of posts to copy the entire report.

Jul 6, 2019 5:19 PM in response to bxlev

eric

yes it was the adb extension that was the cause of the problem. safari is now working fine. thanks for your help. (turning off the extensions should have been one of the first things i did. its a potential solution that i already knew about, but forgot to try before seeking help) thanks again

why is safari 10.1.2 not loading pages correctly?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.