Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to attach files to gmail?

recently transitioned to iOS (XS max) having a hard time attaching a file to a gmail thread.

creating a NEW thread I can easily attach a file by first finding the file I want to attach then sharing the file to gmail, not a problem.

however when responding to an existing thread via gmail app, I can’t add a file from “my files” I have limited options ie; camera, recent, drive, pay. If I have files in different locations how the heck does one add an attach. This is a simple task to perform on android. Maybe I don’t understand how to do it, but it shouldn’t be this difficult to do.

iPhone XS Max, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 5, 2019 2:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2019 9:38 PM

Your really NOT helpful here, I’m not sure why your still trolling this thread, its been figured out already, thanks (no thanks) Last time I checked the community topic is “using iPhone” you really have nothing to contribute here other than being a poor advocate for iOS. Be gone with you

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2019 9:38 PM in response to LACAllen

Your really NOT helpful here, I’m not sure why your still trolling this thread, its been figured out already, thanks (no thanks) Last time I checked the community topic is “using iPhone” you really have nothing to contribute here other than being a poor advocate for iOS. Be gone with you

Jul 5, 2019 8:57 PM in response to JF808

honestly I think they do support their app, it works great on other platforms, it seems to be an issue that exists on iOS devices.

So, Google is responsible for making their apps work and then supporting their apps in iOS, not the other way around.

Forgive me

No need. Just making it clear this is not the place for Google support.

Jul 5, 2019 8:52 PM in response to LACAllen

Agreed it goes without saying it’s a google service, however this was in regards to an iOS device in the iOS community forum “using iPhone”

honestly I think they do support their app, it works great on other platforms, it seems to be an issue that exists on iOS devices. Figured since this was new to me it would be okay to ask the question here. Forgive me

Jul 5, 2019 9:45 PM in response to JF808

Be gone with you

Is that from one of the Harry Potter movies?

community topic is “using iPhone”

And your issue is not about the iPhone. It's about a 3rd party app that runs on the iPhone.

Thanks, but that works only when using the “mail” app I’m specifically asking about the “gmail” app

And by your own admission, the iPhone's iOS app works as you expect.

This lands your issue back with Google. Again, that they are not helpful is unfortunate.

How to attach files to gmail?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.