Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 6s hangs-up

What is the best way to do? Prior to the upgrade of IOS from 11.3.1 to IOS 12.3.1, my cell phone works properly. But recently, when I upgrade it the latest version, some issues come forth. My phone hangs from time to time. For a minute or two, my phone becomes unresponsive.

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 5, 2019 4:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2019 4:59 AM

It may well need looking at in an Apple store. You will have to back it up if it goes  into Apple repair shop so why not try a back up and restore in iTunes first and see if it fixes it.

Restoring via iTunes will repair the iOS software on your iPhone.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

After backing up, restore via iTunes to repair the iOS software. You should test by setting it up as “new” after restoring:

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

If Mail seems to work OK after setting up as a new iPhone, restore your backup and test again:

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2019 4:59 AM in response to 04Apple6s

It may well need looking at in an Apple store. You will have to back it up if it goes  into Apple repair shop so why not try a back up and restore in iTunes first and see if it fixes it.

Restoring via iTunes will repair the iOS software on your iPhone.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

After backing up, restore via iTunes to repair the iOS software. You should test by setting it up as “new” after restoring:

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

If Mail seems to work OK after setting up as a new iPhone, restore your backup and test again:

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Iphone 6s hangs-up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.