Newsroom Update

watchOS 11 brings powerful health and fitness insights. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone calls on iWatch

People are unable to hear me, and I’m unable to hear them when I may phone calls on my iWatch. I’ve tried unpairing and re-pairing, but still no luck. Any suggestions?

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 5

Posted on Jul 5, 2019 6:02 PM

2 replies

Jul 5, 2019 6:07 PM in response to jhernandez1118

When answering a call, be sure tap just once on the Answer button. Accidentally tapping again will turn on Mute for your end of the call, so the caller will not hear you (to turn off Mute, tap the same button again).

Clean your watch, paying particular attention to the microphone port (on the reverse of the watch, on the opposite side to the Side button) in case it has become blocked by debris (such as lotion, for example).

Be sure to follow Apple's cleaning instructions (do not insert anything into the port and do not use any compressed air):

Restart both your iPhone and your watch, turning both off together, then restarting your iPhone first:

Phone calls on iWatch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.