Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a separate phone line for my iWatch. I can send or receive calls without my iPhone. But lately when I answer a call neither the sender nor I can hear each other. Suggestions?

I have a separate phone line for my iWatch. I can send or receive calls without my iPhone. But lately when I answer a call neither the sender nor I can hear each other. Suggestions?

Posted on Jul 12, 2022 4:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2022 10:15 AM

Hey bill031,

Do you have any Bluetooth devices connected to your Apple Watch or have one nearby that might possibly connect to your Apple Watch?

Try restarting your Apple Watch:

1. Press and hold the side button until you see the Power Off slider.
2. Drag the Power Off slider.
3. After your watch turns off, press and hold the side button again until you see the Apple logo.

If your Apple Watch is charging, take it off the charger first. When your watch is charging, you can't restart it. 

Also, check that Do Not Disturb mode is not enabled on your watch:

• When viewing the time on your watch, swipe up to open Control Centre.
    • Tap the Do Not Disturb button (crescent moon icon) to toggle the setting on / off.

Let us know if these steps were helpful.

Cheers!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2022 10:15 AM in response to bill031

Hey bill031,

Do you have any Bluetooth devices connected to your Apple Watch or have one nearby that might possibly connect to your Apple Watch?

Try restarting your Apple Watch:

1. Press and hold the side button until you see the Power Off slider.
2. Drag the Power Off slider.
3. After your watch turns off, press and hold the side button again until you see the Apple logo.

If your Apple Watch is charging, take it off the charger first. When your watch is charging, you can't restart it. 

Also, check that Do Not Disturb mode is not enabled on your watch:

• When viewing the time on your watch, swipe up to open Control Centre.
    • Tap the Do Not Disturb button (crescent moon icon) to toggle the setting on / off.

Let us know if these steps were helpful.

Cheers!

Jul 14, 2022 5:09 PM in response to BrianK90

Hi Briank90,

I really appreciate your feedback. I went through each of your suggestions, but unfortunately, the problem remains. I even tried to unpair the watch from the phone and then put them back together again, but still no luck. I'm wondering if there is an equipment problem here. The process has worked perfectly well for years, and I have not changed any settings.

Again, thank you for the time you took to make your suggestions.

Jul 17, 2022 5:41 PM in response to bill031

I went through a number of possibilities with the Apple support person. She was very helpful. We finally concluded that there might be a problem with the line assigned to the iWatch. I contacted AT&T support. They claimed to have found a service problem on one of their servers and that I would be contacted in 2 hours. That did not happen. Nor did it happen 3 other times when I brought other problems to their attention. I am not an AT&T fan! I switched to T-Mobile. Problem resolved. It was a wireless line problem with AT&T.

Thanks again for your help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.