You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage not in proper order

This had just happened to me today my phone seems to be fine it’s just my Apple Watch that is showing the messages out of order and some of my messages are gone but are still shown on my phone they are both updated I tried resetting the Apple Watch but nothing I don’t know what to do it’s really annoying

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 5

Posted on Jul 5, 2019 11:50 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2019 1:00 AM

There was a minor problem in some previous versions of the software where messages would display in the wrong order, so check your software versions again. You should have iOS 12.3.1 (or 12.3.2 for iPhone 8S) and WatchOS 5.2.1. If you need to update again do the iPhone first.

Forced reset your watch (and phone?) to clear any software glitches. Simply press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for at least 10 seconds, then release both buttons when you see the Apple logo. The phone is a little more complicated, you have to select the correct method from If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

Unpair the watch then re-pair which should reload all the software and download clean content from your iPhone.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 6, 2019 1:00 AM in response to Apple-watchissue

There was a minor problem in some previous versions of the software where messages would display in the wrong order, so check your software versions again. You should have iOS 12.3.1 (or 12.3.2 for iPhone 8S) and WatchOS 5.2.1. If you need to update again do the iPhone first.

Forced reset your watch (and phone?) to clear any software glitches. Simply press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for at least 10 seconds, then release both buttons when you see the Apple logo. The phone is a little more complicated, you have to select the correct method from If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

Unpair the watch then re-pair which should reload all the software and download clean content from your iPhone.

iMessage not in proper order

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.