Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cloud not used right? Endangered my life

I recently purchased the cloud 50g

i went out to sea on my boat for 4 days. After an hour of cursing away from shore I tried to open my NAVIONICS gps and my Mercury vessel view apps. Unbeknownst to me Both had been removed to the cloud yet the icons remained on the screen.

There is was out if cell range with no backup gps and no means of monitoring my engines vital sensors like fuel consumption range or the ability to diagnose potential engine problems.

Why would apple remove these vital apps to the cloud without me knowing or consent ?

iPhone 6s, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 6, 2019 10:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2019 10:44 AM

How do you know the apps were moved to iCloud? If the icons remained on the screen, could you access them there? Were you syncing data from the apps to iCloud? Were the sensors on the boat set to sync to iCloud?

4 replies

Jul 6, 2019 10:53 AM in response to Eric Root

The boat had nothing to do with it. The engines communicate with my ios vis Bluetooth, the vessel view app shows me the engines vitals in real time.

I dont know if they went to the cloud hence my ? If i wad using it incorrectly.

both apps stay on the screen but when i tried to open them they needed to be downloaded. I use them almost daily and i never sync my phone or connect it to any computer.

What i do know is I've never had this happen prior to my purchase of the cloud memory package and I've seen photos and video that i often show also need to be brought back to my phone though the thumbnails are still in “photo”

wtf?

Cloud not used right? Endangered my life

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.