Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why aren't my photos showing up in a shared album?

Why aren't photos showing up in a shared album? We have had several problems with this. I create the album, send the invitation and add the photo's. The photos never show up? What am I doing wrong with this process? This includes my mac, my iPad and my phone?

Posted on Jul 7, 2019 11:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2019 12:38 PM

Shared albums are having limits. If you are trying too often to share photos, you may have exceeded an hourly or daily limit. My Photo Stream and Shared Albums limits - Apple Support

Is the format of the photos and the videos you are trying to share compatible with the shared albums?

Use Shared Albums in Photos - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 8, 2019 12:38 PM in response to terrie244

Shared albums are having limits. If you are trying too often to share photos, you may have exceeded an hourly or daily limit. My Photo Stream and Shared Albums limits - Apple Support

Is the format of the photos and the videos you are trying to share compatible with the shared albums?

Use Shared Albums in Photos - Apple Support

Jul 8, 2019 12:41 PM in response to Old Toad

Old Toad wrote:

Normally I create the album, add the photos and then send out the invitations.

That is very considerate. When I first tried to share photos, I made the mistake to invite first, and then to add the photos, and the subscribers were annoyed by getting a separate alert for each shared photo on each of their devices. And for each comment I added.

Why aren't my photos showing up in a shared album?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.