Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shared album photos no longer showing up on my iPhone 7, but are still coming to my macbook. Why are they not coming to my iPhone?

Up until the last couple of weeks, new photos posted by my family members in shared albums always arrived on both my iPhone and my Macbook. For the last 2-3 weeks they arrive only on my Macbook and not on my iPhone. I did not intentionally change anything in the photos settings and have synched my phone with my Macbook several times. Did something change with one of the iOS 13 updates that might have caused this? How do I fix it?

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 31, 2020 3:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2020 3:28 PM

No iOS 13 did not change anything at that end. You can open Settings ➔ Photos ➔ Shared Albums - either ensure that this switch is set to ON or toggle it to OFF and then back ON again. See if that brings the shared album to current. As a side note, ensure that you have space available on your iPhone to receive those updates. Thanks.

Axel F.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2020 3:28 PM in response to HomeGal_2020

No iOS 13 did not change anything at that end. You can open Settings ➔ Photos ➔ Shared Albums - either ensure that this switch is set to ON or toggle it to OFF and then back ON again. See if that brings the shared album to current. As a side note, ensure that you have space available on your iPhone to receive those updates. Thanks.

Axel F.

Jul 31, 2020 3:43 PM in response to Axel Foley

Axel, thank you for your suggestion. I had already checked that switch and it has always been on. When I start to toggle it off, it tells me it will delete all shared album photos from my phone, so I did not toggle it off. Will they all come back again if I do toggle it off? I assume so, but wanted to check. As an aside, the two photos that I got today on my Macbook but not my phone, while my husband got them on his phone, but not on his iMac....

Jul 31, 2020 3:47 PM in response to HomeGal_2020

Hello HomeGal,

When things are normal then YES those shared album photos synchronize and do come back. Check the available space on your iPhone and on your husband's Mac as well so we can knock this one out of the list of things to check.

Just checking, do you and your husband use the same Apple ID for iCloud and your respective iPhones?

Axel F.

Aug 1, 2020 11:22 AM in response to Axel Foley

Axel, maybe chatting with you was magic.... Without doing anything else (other than updating all my apps) after our exchange, overnight all my missing photos from July showed up on my phone. I have no idea why, but there you are! Only a delay of a couple of days to a couple of weeks! Cyber gremlins....

P.S. My husband followed your advice for his iPad and turned off the shared albums, then back on. He now has all his photos from the shared albums there, so your advice was good, even though in the end I did not need to do that on my phone. Thanks!

Shared album photos no longer showing up on my iPhone 7, but are still coming to my macbook. Why are they not coming to my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.