Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie compatibility conversion.

I have tried to check the library for compabiity as instructed but nothing appears to be happening. And there is no notice that it is working, or not working.

Some of the libraries tell me there is no incompatible files. But others just do nothing.

iMac 27", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 7, 2019 1:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2019 11:06 PM

Hi,

It does the same thing on my computer, MacBook Pro running Mojave 10.14.5 and iMovie 10.1.12. I don't know why it happens.

Go to your Movies folder and open the folder titled iMovie Incompatible Media. See if your library is listed as one that has incompatible media. I am assuming in my case that if the library is not listed after running the incompatible media function that it's O.K. I do know independently that my library where nothing seemed to happen does not contain incompatible media.

-- Rich

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2019 11:06 PM in response to Notlearneduser

Hi,

It does the same thing on my computer, MacBook Pro running Mojave 10.14.5 and iMovie 10.1.12. I don't know why it happens.

Go to your Movies folder and open the folder titled iMovie Incompatible Media. See if your library is listed as one that has incompatible media. I am assuming in my case that if the library is not listed after running the incompatible media function that it's O.K. I do know independently that my library where nothing seemed to happen does not contain incompatible media.

-- Rich

Jul 7, 2019 11:17 PM in response to Rich839

I just tested by putting a known incompatible clip into a library where the Incompatible Media function previously appeared unresponsive. When I ran the function again, it found the incompatible media clip that I had just placed into the library. That seems to suggest that the function will flag an incompatible file when it exists, but won't necessarily always advise when there are no incompatible files found. Of course, we can't be totally positive that an incompatible file existed but simply was not found. I am going to assume the best, since there is nothing I can do about it.

-- Rich

iMovie compatibility conversion.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.