Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Photos not appearing on new phone

I recently bought an iPhone XS and downloaded my photos from my old iPhone 7. However, photos from the last three years are not appearing on my phone even though I backed up everything.

iPhone XS, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 7, 2019 3:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2019 3:29 PM

You are confusing two different processes.

You don’t download photos from another device. You download photos from iCloud. You also said that you backed everything up. If you backup photos with iCloud and you restored the new phone from the backup of the old phone, the photos should be on your new phone, assuming that all of the photos were indeed backed up.

If you were syncing photos with iCloud Photos, you have to enable iCloud photos in the settings again and then the photos should download from iCloud.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2019 3:29 PM in response to julienjauroyou

You are confusing two different processes.

You don’t download photos from another device. You download photos from iCloud. You also said that you backed everything up. If you backup photos with iCloud and you restored the new phone from the backup of the old phone, the photos should be on your new phone, assuming that all of the photos were indeed backed up.

If you were syncing photos with iCloud Photos, you have to enable iCloud photos in the settings again and then the photos should download from iCloud.

iCloud Photos not appearing on new phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.