Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I updated my new Macbook Pro yesterday and after it restarted this file showed up on my desktop. The file is identified as 5ace4e75d18d3ac08140915c8da02fe.png. It shows something to do with pop-up Windows for Websites. How do I remove it?

I updated my new MacBook Pro yesterday and after it restarted this file showed up on my desktop.  The file is identified as 5ace4e75d18d3ac08140915c8da02fe.png.  It shows something to do with pop-up Windows for Websites. 

I can't change this file or delete it. How do I remove it from my desktop?

MacBook Pro 15”, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 8, 2019 5:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2019 5:08 AM

As I have suggested I am new to the Apple system and I thank you very much for your response and working to solve my issue. The real problem was me not doing the proper thing to remove the file. After watching several YouTube videos and suggestions by you I not only learned a lot about the machine but I also removed the file. Thank you for your patience and understanding and for taking the time to help me move forward with my new Apple laptop.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2019 5:08 AM in response to Leanne_68

As I have suggested I am new to the Apple system and I thank you very much for your response and working to solve my issue. The real problem was me not doing the proper thing to remove the file. After watching several YouTube videos and suggestions by you I not only learned a lot about the machine but I also removed the file. Thank you for your patience and understanding and for taking the time to help me move forward with my new Apple laptop.

Jul 9, 2019 12:11 PM in response to DRM43

Hi DRM43,

Thanks so much for using Apple Support Communities. It's great to have you here. I see from your post, you're having some trouble deleting a file on the desktop.

When you attempt to delete that file are you getting an error message? If so, can you provide the exact message you see?

Also, if you boot into safe mode are you able to remove that file? Check out the article below if you need help booting into that mode.

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

Cheers!

I updated my new Macbook Pro yesterday and after it restarted this file showed up on my desktop. The file is identified as 5ace4e75d18d3ac08140915c8da02fe.png. It shows something to do with pop-up Windows for Websites. How do I remove it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.