Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch series 4 won’t hold a charge longer than 6 hours

Hi,

I got my series 4 watch last November and it’s been working fine until last week. All of the sudden it won’t hold a charge longer than about 6 hours. I charge it overnight, leave for work with it at 100% and by noon it’s completely dead whereas previously it would last all day and remain at about 40% when I was getting ready for bed at night. No location-tracking apps have been downloaded and usage hasn’t been increased. I use it mainly for workouts, regular notification (text/weather/news) checking. I’ve restarted it and unpaired & repaired with my phone with no luck. Any advice?

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 5

Posted on Jul 8, 2019 7:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2019 7:30 AM

Make sure bot your iPhone and watch have the latest software updates. Next, reset your watch by pressing in the crown and side button until you see the Apple logo, then release both.

1 reply

Apple Watch series 4 won’t hold a charge longer than 6 hours

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.