Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Intermittent Mail to Gmail connection issues

For last two months or so, connection between Apple Mail and Gmail initially fails, but eventually (10-15 minutes later) resolves itself. I've not had connection issues between the two for years. Apple Help doesn't provide much direction to resolve the issue. I am on the latest version of OS Mojave. How can this be resolved, so that Apple Mail and Gmail will be back to working seamlessly?

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 8, 2019 7:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2019 8:49 AM

Apple has bent over backwards in an effort to make Mail and Google's notoriously nonstandard email protocols cooperate. Their interest in continuing to do that may or may not be a factor in when or if those problems will ever be resolved, but at present Apple does not offer anything more than the following: Troubleshoot email problems in Mail on Mac - Apple Support.

Along with the usual concerns, ongoing problems with Mail motivated me to abandon Google a very long time ago.

I recommend that you contact Google for support, or ask a Google user to user product support forum: Contact a third-party vendor - Apple Support. Good luck.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 8, 2019 8:49 AM in response to rlo from up north

Apple has bent over backwards in an effort to make Mail and Google's notoriously nonstandard email protocols cooperate. Their interest in continuing to do that may or may not be a factor in when or if those problems will ever be resolved, but at present Apple does not offer anything more than the following: Troubleshoot email problems in Mail on Mac - Apple Support.

Along with the usual concerns, ongoing problems with Mail motivated me to abandon Google a very long time ago.

I recommend that you contact Google for support, or ask a Google user to user product support forum: Contact a third-party vendor - Apple Support. Good luck.

Intermittent Mail to Gmail connection issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.