Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

adding songs to existing playlists

Mojave-iTunes, can't add songs to existing playlists (Nano), only choice is "add to new playlist". Something has changed since last purchase! Cheers

iMac 27" 5K, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 8, 2019 7:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2019 2:43 PM

Dude, I figured it out. I was using my "new" iMac, but the original playlists, etc were created on my "old" iMac....& I probably need to download (from cloud) all my music or just use the old computer till I get around to it. Brain _art!

Thanks

7 replies

Jul 8, 2019 12:17 PM in response to turingtest2

1. Rebooted iMac
  2. Launched iTunes (no device connected)
  3. Viewed no Playlists
  4. Connected device (Nano)
  5. Viewed Nano Playlists
  6. Attempted again by right clicking on latest purchased song to add to Playlist. But now the only option is Add to New Playlist.

Note: (A) I've following this procedures for years and for many purchased iTunes songs without problems, even on Mojave.

(B) Just prior to latest song purchase, I did my first iPhone Backup ever.....????

adding songs to existing playlists

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.