Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone SE hangs up on me when I try to answer an incoming call

This keeps happening multiple times, my phone hangs up just when I'm swiping to receive a call, and sometimes, right when my call is about to connect.

Any ideas what may be causing this? I'm running iOS 12.

Any help would be hugely appreciated!

iPhone SE

Posted on Jul 8, 2019 7:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2019 7:47 AM

Try first to restart the device: Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If that doesn't work then try restoring from a backup: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

If that doesn't work then try restoring to factory settings: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Make sure you test in the factory settings before doing any type of restore. If it still doesn't work after setting to factory settings then you'll want to have your device diagnosed in an Apple Store.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 8, 2019 7:47 AM in response to curiosical

Try first to restart the device: Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If that doesn't work then try restoring from a backup: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

If that doesn't work then try restoring to factory settings: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Make sure you test in the factory settings before doing any type of restore. If it still doesn't work after setting to factory settings then you'll want to have your device diagnosed in an Apple Store.

iPhone SE hangs up on me when I try to answer an incoming call

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.