Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wi-fi Calling option not showing

Hi,

The carrier insists that wi-fi calling is available on their network, but I cannot find the option on the phone.

iPhone XS 12.3.1

I have reset the phone, switched off and on again, updated carrier settings and even meditated for 2 hours.

Does anyone have a hint to this mystery?

iPhone XS

Posted on Jul 8, 2019 7:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2019 9:42 AM

You're welcome. As I checked Apple's Support document regarding supported carriers, Wireless carrier support and features for iPhone in Africa - Apple Support I only find one carrier close to what you show, a Telekom listed in Kenya. Seems they are also listed as the ones that provide support for the device, not Apple. I'm not sure if that is the carrier you are referring to.

But as indicated earlier, if the option does not appear on the phone, then the option is not active in the carrier file, and will not appear unless the carrier has it active. Good luck with them.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 8, 2019 9:42 AM in response to Oscalotm

You're welcome. As I checked Apple's Support document regarding supported carriers, Wireless carrier support and features for iPhone in Africa - Apple Support I only find one carrier close to what you show, a Telekom listed in Kenya. Seems they are also listed as the ones that provide support for the device, not Apple. I'm not sure if that is the carrier you are referring to.

But as indicated earlier, if the option does not appear on the phone, then the option is not active in the carrier file, and will not appear unless the carrier has it active. Good luck with them.

Jul 8, 2019 8:02 AM in response to Oscalotm

If the carrier supports wi-fi calling and you cannot see it in Settings, then you need to check with them to ensure you have the latest version of their Carrier file. You would go to Settings>General>About>Carrier, and tell them what version you have, and ask if it is the latest. The Carrier file is what determines what settings for the carrier are available on the iPhone. The carrier controls that content.

Jul 8, 2019 9:36 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

It makes sense to me that the carrier settings are the issue here.

I am based in South Africa currently. The call centre was not able to verify their carrier file settings and were loathe to create an escalation ticket. They have confirmed though that wi-fi calling is supported on their network and for the iPhone XS. They could not assist as their support script did not match my settings on the screen. I finally got them to log an escalation so I can be emailed, allowing me to attach screenshots of my phone's settings. This will get interesting... thanks for your help thus far...

Wi-fi Calling option not showing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.