Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Get rid of alarm clock symbol on app

I have researched this here already and did not find a conclusive answer.

Since I’ve owned this iPad (6th Gen, iOS 12.3.1) I keep having a 3rd party App appear for a time on the dock each day, with an alarm clock symbol in the upper right-hand corner of the app.

I checked the setting options under both Multitasking & Dock, as well as under Siri & Search. Each of the respective options are both turned off.

On a final note, this does not happen with any other app.

It’s not so much that this is really an urgent matter, per se. It’s just more of an annoyance. The iPad is obviously giving me a suggestion based on the way I have been known to use the device in the past. But I don’t need the suggestion to appear on the dock in order to know that it is an available app that I have on my iPad, should I decide to select and use it at any given time, and on any given day.

Is the only option at this point to go to: apple.com/feedback .....

iPad, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 8, 2019 9:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2019 10:03 AM

Try to go into settings and scroll down to the app itself, then see if there is a ‘siri and settings’ there and turn that off.

They seem most persistent that you must use the siri suggestions for apps to the point that you have to turn them off on an app by app basis. Prior to this simply turning off suggested apps and siri suggestions would turn it off

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 8, 2019 10:03 AM in response to Louis_Lobo

Try to go into settings and scroll down to the app itself, then see if there is a ‘siri and settings’ there and turn that off.

They seem most persistent that you must use the siri suggestions for apps to the point that you have to turn them off on an app by app basis. Prior to this simply turning off suggested apps and siri suggestions would turn it off

Jul 8, 2019 10:10 AM in response to Skydiver119

Ok, thanks.

Yes, I checked and made sure those options were all turned off.

I also force-restarted the device a few moments ago after posting the question (which may have been an unnecessary step). However after doing so, the alarm clock symbol disappeared (and the app also disappeared from the dock as well).

Not sure if the actual TIME of day I restarted the device might have just been a coincidence. But either way, I’ll take it.

Thanks.

Get rid of alarm clock symbol on app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.