Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Swapping between recent and handoff apps in ipad dock

Hi, I’m constantly using both iPhone and iPadAnd sometimes the Mac. It seems whenever a handoff app appears in the dock, it always covers the last app I was using, and most likely, the one I want and not the handoff app. Is there a way to make it go away? Currently I have to lock my iPhone/ shut my Mac and lock my iPad for it to go away, or search for the app.

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Jan 16, 2022 1:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2022 1:03 PM

Squaredem,

Thanks for getting back to us so quickly. You're correct in that there isn't a way to slide the Handoff icon off the Dock, but Apple does encourage feedback about ways to make the iPadOS more user-friendly. You may consider letting them know your ideas.

Product Feedback - Apple

Warmest Regards.

3 replies

Jan 16, 2022 7:15 PM in response to Squaredem

Hi, Squaredem. 

We may be able to offer some assistance. It sounds like you’re looking for a way to keep your Handoff apps from replacing the app you’re working with in the Dock on your iPad. 

You can disable Handoff on your iPad at Settings > General > AirPlay & Handoff. This article will explain:

Hand off tasks between iPad and your other devices - Apple Support

Cheers.

Jan 16, 2022 10:37 PM in response to Ali_E1

Thanks for getting back to me Alice. I’m not looking at disabling handoff as I use it frequently. It more that I’d like the option to” flick” it away to get the app that it replaces. Like in the picture.I don’t think it’s possible I have looked, but I thought on the off chance there was something, it’s better to ask

Swapping between recent and handoff apps in ipad dock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.