Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Turn off swipe up docked apps

I keep accidentally swiping up the docked apps when I’m trying to do something else and it’s very annoying. How do I turn the feature off? I have looked everywhere and cannot find it. It didn’t do this before, I think it happened when I reset my iPad and cannot change it back. HELP!!!

iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14

Posted on Dec 5, 2022 8:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2022 8:24 PM

lissette297 Said:

"Turn off swipe up docked apps: I keep accidentally swiping up the docked apps when I’m trying to do something else and it’s very annoying. How do I turn the feature off?[...]"

-------

Use Guided Access:

No. This is not an option. But, you can use Guided Access to stay within an app, and avoid switching between them. Use Guided Access with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

So, Recommend this to Apple:

Being not an option, recommend this to AppleApple won't get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is their customers prefer, and what features to include in models to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Feature Request" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: that you want this to be an option and why. Include the URL of this post.
  4. Proceed from there as necessary
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 5, 2022 8:24 PM in response to lissette297

lissette297 Said:

"Turn off swipe up docked apps: I keep accidentally swiping up the docked apps when I’m trying to do something else and it’s very annoying. How do I turn the feature off?[...]"

-------

Use Guided Access:

No. This is not an option. But, you can use Guided Access to stay within an app, and avoid switching between them. Use Guided Access with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

So, Recommend this to Apple:

Being not an option, recommend this to AppleApple won't get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is their customers prefer, and what features to include in models to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Feature Request" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: that you want this to be an option and why. Include the URL of this post.
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

Dec 6, 2022 7:27 AM in response to lissette297

The upward-swipe gesture to expose the hidden dock cannot be disabled or suppressed.

While the gesture cannot be disabled, perhaps pay some attention to the gesture itself. If the upward-swipe begins below the visible screen, from the screen bezel area, the swipe will expose the Dock. If instead the upward-swipe begins from within the visible area of the screen, the Dock will not be exposed - and instead will scroll the screen.

The difference in swipe gestures are perhaps subtle - but when understood (and perhaps practiced), are both understood and become second nature.

Turn off swipe up docked apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.