Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad 9-th Generation

I would like to find out how to turn off recent apps on the IOS 15 Ipad Dock. If i use like Safari it show up twice. In Ipad Mini i was able to turn it off but i can't seemly find away on this new Ipad.

Posted on Dec 12, 2021 9:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2021 2:27 PM

If you have disabled the setting, but your iPad is still showing Recently Used Apps in the dock, try a forced-restart - as this will usually resolve an isolated software issue:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2021 2:27 PM in response to dalmatian1968

If you have disabled the setting, but your iPad is still showing Recently Used Apps in the dock, try a forced-restart - as this will usually resolve an isolated software issue:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

Ipad 9-th Generation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.