Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Mac transfer

I want to transfer a limited # of file documents from an external drive. I don't want to transfer all files on my old computer. Too much old stuff. Instructions say I can transfer my user files as I shared the old computer. I do not want all my files, just some documents mostly from "page"

MacBook Pro 15”, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 8, 2019 11:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2019 11:22 AM

techbad wrote:

I want to transfer a limited # of file documents from an external drive. I don't want to transfer all files on my old computer. Too much old stuff. Instructions say I can transfer my user files as I shared the old computer. I do not want all my files, just some documents mostly from "page"

If as you say the files are on an external drive just connect the external drive to your new computer then select and drag the files you want to transfer to your new computer.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 8, 2019 11:22 AM in response to techbad

techbad wrote:

If as you say the files are on an external drive just connect the external drive to your new computer then select and drag the files you want to transfer to your new computer.

New Mac transfer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.