Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I pick the files on my new Mac in transfer. I have a lot o old stuff on the old macI have a lot of old files on my old Mac and do not wanna go through

I have a lot of old files on my old Mac and do not wanna go through them all. Can I pick an age of file to transfer rather than transfer the entire contents of the Mac to the new Mac?

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.10

Posted on Feb 20, 2021 8:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2021 9:02 AM

Using Migration Assistant later, or specifying during initial setup, you can specify BROAD categories, but you can NOT elect by criteria such as date as you mention.

You always have the option to transfer such files manually later, or go back through those transferred, search by whatever criteria you choose, and delete the ones that no longer meet your needs.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 20, 2021 9:02 AM in response to ardathvla

Using Migration Assistant later, or specifying during initial setup, you can specify BROAD categories, but you can NOT elect by criteria such as date as you mention.

You always have the option to transfer such files manually later, or go back through those transferred, search by whatever criteria you choose, and delete the ones that no longer meet your needs.

Can I pick the files on my new Mac in transfer. I have a lot o old stuff on the old macI have a lot of old files on my old Mac and do not wanna go through

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.