Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i add my phone number as a choice in send and receive in imessages? It wont come up for me. I tried adding it to contact information and it says "the phone number is already being used in your account". I tried googling it nothing works.

How do i add my phone number as a choice in send and receive in Imessages? It won't come up for me. I tried adding it to contact information and it says "the phone number is already being used in your account". I tried googling it nothing works.

Posted on Jul 8, 2019 2:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2019 2:18 PM

In order to use a mobile number to send and receive messages from an iPad, you need it to be connected to an iPad.

See this article:

How to forward text messages on your iPhone - Apple Support

Basically, you need to go to Settings>Messages>Text Message Forwarding on your iPhone and enable your iPad.

2 replies

Jul 8, 2019 2:20 PM in response to floresm21

Check out the section in this link about Text Messages: Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch - Apple Support

Please note you MUST have an iPhone for your number to be used. If you don't have an iPhone, you won't be reachable at your number or be able to send from your number. This link will help you as well: How to forward text messages on your iPhone - Apple Support

How do i add my phone number as a choice in send and receive in imessages? It wont come up for me. I tried adding it to contact information and it says "the phone number is already being used in your account". I tried googling it nothing works.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.