Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage

Hi guys, I need help figuring out why my texts would be sending from my email & not my number. I’ve gone into iMessage setting and it’s shows 3 addresses, one being my number, but my number isn’t selected. When I tap to select it nothing happens. Idk why my number would be listed but I can choose it as a way to send & receive messages.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 14, 2022 11:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2022 11:50 AM

Hey there,

1. Make sure you're using the latest iOS device
  2. Make sure you've correctly followed the iPhone steps to set up your phone number. You should be using the same Apple ID on all of your devices.
  3. In the "You can be reached" section of Messages and FaceTime settings, make sure there are ticks next to your phone number and Apple ID:

If your phone number is unticked and you can't select it, or you're experiencing a different issue, follow these steps:

On your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch:

• Go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. Tap your Apple ID, then tap Sign Out.
    • Go to Settings > FaceTime. Tap your Apple ID, then tap Sign Out.

On your iPhone:

• Go back to Settings > Messages and make sure iMessage is turned on.
    • Tap Send & Receive, then choose "Use your Apple ID for iMessage" and sign in with your Apple ID.

Using the same Apple ID, sign back in to Messages and FaceTime on your other devices. 

If you still need help, change your Apple ID password and repeat the setup steps. If that doesn't work, contact Apple Support.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 14, 2022 11:50 AM in response to SuhailaPulimkalayil

Hey there,

1. Make sure you're using the latest iOS device
  2. Make sure you've correctly followed the iPhone steps to set up your phone number. You should be using the same Apple ID on all of your devices.
  3. In the "You can be reached" section of Messages and FaceTime settings, make sure there are ticks next to your phone number and Apple ID:

If your phone number is unticked and you can't select it, or you're experiencing a different issue, follow these steps:

On your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch:

• Go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. Tap your Apple ID, then tap Sign Out.
    • Go to Settings > FaceTime. Tap your Apple ID, then tap Sign Out.

On your iPhone:

• Go back to Settings > Messages and make sure iMessage is turned on.
    • Tap Send & Receive, then choose "Use your Apple ID for iMessage" and sign in with your Apple ID.

Using the same Apple ID, sign back in to Messages and FaceTime on your other devices. 

If you still need help, change your Apple ID password and repeat the setup steps. If that doesn't work, contact Apple Support.

iMessage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.