Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble deleting Boom2Device

I thought I had deleted Boom2Device, but traces of it still remain. It's not in my Applications folder, and it doesn't appear on the Activity Monitor list, but "Find Any App" found it in 15 places. As if that's not bad enough, when I started trying to delete those 15 files one-by-one, this notice appeared on my screen: “Boom2Device” can’t be modified or deleted because it’s required by macOS.

What??? Is that the final word? What's going on?

iMac 27", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 8, 2019 9:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply
9 replies

Jul 8, 2019 11:23 PM in response to Niku

Okay, I won't go into details now, but after a long and tedious process I finally managed to reduce the number of Boom2Device pieces to two. Unfortunately, I cannot delete these two pieces because I get the same wording, "“Boom2Device” can’t be modified or deleted because it’s required by macOS." So close and yet so far. Any ideas as how I can delete these two remainders? I might add that Boom2Device is still in my SOUND window, and this is the one place I definitely don't want it to be.

Jul 9, 2019 1:22 PM in response to Niku

I THOUGHT SO!!! I had been having problems with my sound. I called Apple, but they couldn't fix things, so they made an appointment for me at the nearest Apple store. That would have required a long bus ride with my 27" screen, so I wasn't looking forward to it. I decided to see what I could do on my own, and I thought that I should start by deleting every trace of Boom2Device. That did it. The sound problem is now only a memory. Thanks again. Now my only "problem" is cancelling my appointment at the Apple store.

Trouble deleting Boom2Device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.