Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

STAND not calculating in Activity

The stand on my activity has stopped working. It is calculating my activity and walking but not my standing. I have attempted the fixes but it is still not working.

Apple Watch Series 1, watchOS 5

Posted on Jul 9, 2019 7:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2019 2:08 PM

Hi

For the purpose of crediting the hourly Stand achievement, your watch aims to identify when you have stood up and moved around for at least one minute during that hour.

Apple Watch uses an accelerometer to identify movement, so arm movement equivalent to changing from a seated to a standing position followed by a minute's walk around with your arms swinging naturally should help to register this.

If you believe that you have met this requirement, but Stand credits are still not being awarded, it may help to follow these steps, which have resolved the same issue for other users:

If you have not yet done so, update your iPhone and Apple Watch to the latest software, starting with your iPhone:

On your iPhone in the Watch app, go to: My Watch > General > Wrist Detection - confirm that this is turned on.

• Note that Wrist Detection can be affected by temporary or permanent skin changes, such as by some wrist tattoos.

If Passcode is enabled, check that you are unlocking your watch each day after placing it on your wrist and that you are wearing your watch sufficiently snugly (neither too tightly nor too loosely).

On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch > Privacy > Motion & Fitness - turn Fitness Tracking off.

Restart both devices by turning both off together, then restarting your iPhone first:

Re-enable Fitness Tracking.

Taken from: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7900499

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2019 2:08 PM in response to farrah117

Hi

For the purpose of crediting the hourly Stand achievement, your watch aims to identify when you have stood up and moved around for at least one minute during that hour.

Apple Watch uses an accelerometer to identify movement, so arm movement equivalent to changing from a seated to a standing position followed by a minute's walk around with your arms swinging naturally should help to register this.

If you believe that you have met this requirement, but Stand credits are still not being awarded, it may help to follow these steps, which have resolved the same issue for other users:

If you have not yet done so, update your iPhone and Apple Watch to the latest software, starting with your iPhone:

On your iPhone in the Watch app, go to: My Watch > General > Wrist Detection - confirm that this is turned on.

• Note that Wrist Detection can be affected by temporary or permanent skin changes, such as by some wrist tattoos.

If Passcode is enabled, check that you are unlocking your watch each day after placing it on your wrist and that you are wearing your watch sufficiently snugly (neither too tightly nor too loosely).

On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch > Privacy > Motion & Fitness - turn Fitness Tracking off.

Restart both devices by turning both off together, then restarting your iPhone first:

Re-enable Fitness Tracking.

Taken from: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7900499

STAND not calculating in Activity

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.