Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I don’t understand why my stand rings are not closing in hours where I am very active. Am I supposed to sit and wait for 50 minutes? I’m just not getting my Standering’s to close.

I don’t understand why am I stand rings are not closing when I’m being very active for the whole hour.

Apple Watch Series 7, watchOS 8

Posted on Jan 6, 2022 2:30 PM

3 replies

Jan 6, 2022 2:45 PM in response to Lindavandenburg

You don't need to wait the 50mins. It is looking for steps taken in an hour. If you are active, but not walking then it will not necessarily count. The watch want's to see a good hundred steps or so to count for the hour. You don't need to walk far but it needs to be steps.

If you want to maximise on stand hours, you could go for a 5 minute walk at 10:58 finishing at 11:02 and in this time you will achieve the stand goal for both 10 and 11 o'clock. Next walk required will not be required until 12:58.

I don’t understand why my stand rings are not closing in hours where I am very active. Am I supposed to sit and wait for 50 minutes? I’m just not getting my Standering’s to close.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.