Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stand ring is unreliable

My stand ring is very unreliable. I stand and move and sometimes it will not close - example - I’ve been standing in the kitchen just now putting dishes away, cooking for over 20 mins and the hour ended with nothing. Also, I rarely receive my stand alert at the 50 min mark if I have been sitting. Yes, I’ve rebooted phone and watch, and my calibrations are on as are my notifications. It doesn’t happen every hour, but it happens several times a day. I do know how to go and manually make the stand bar appear, but I’m interested in a fix.

Posted on Feb 12, 2021 11:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2021 6:40 AM

Stand time is not just standing still. It is movement

I know when I'm stationary in kitchen for long time cooking mine does not register unless i have lots of arm movement.

Walk around for 1 minute moving your arm and it will count.

Walk around for 1 minute with your hand in your pocket and it most likely won't count.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 16, 2021 6:40 AM in response to Tlambe

Stand time is not just standing still. It is movement

I know when I'm stationary in kitchen for long time cooking mine does not register unless i have lots of arm movement.

Walk around for 1 minute moving your arm and it will count.

Walk around for 1 minute with your hand in your pocket and it most likely won't count.

Feb 16, 2021 5:56 AM in response to Tlambe

Hello Tlambe,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

If we understand your post correctly, you're not getting the credit towards the Stand ring. We're happy to help!

Follow the steps provided in the articles below to calibrate your Apple Watch, just to ensure that it is calibrated to your liking. It's also important to make sure you adjust your watch band for the best fit.

Calibrating your Apple Watch for improved Workout and Activity accuracy

Get the most accurate measurements using your Apple Watch

Also, check out the article below about using the Activity app which could be beneficial as well.

Use the Activity app on your Apple Watch

If the behavior continues, and you are not receiving credit for your activity, please reach out to Apple Support next: Get Support

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

Feb 16, 2021 2:58 PM in response to Tlambe

It is accelerating and decelerating your Apple Watch, as in swinging your arms while walking.

If the Apple Watch does not detect this pattern of movement, it will not give you credit for standing.

Knitters get always hit their stand goals, and get huge step counts, all while sitting in a chair for hours on end, because they are moving their Apple Watch in a way that makes the accelerator happy.

You lay down and wave your arm and the Apple Watch will be happy. I get up and juggle. I'm standing still, but my Apple Watch is moving.

If you count arm movements, you will find that it takes about 30'ish forward/back movements to get stand credit.

Stand ring is unreliable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.