Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keep original photo after editing in photos?

Is it possible keep the original photo after I edit it in the photos app? So I would end up with the original photo I took and the edited version.

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 9, 2019 12:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2019 1:08 PM

Hi AFRJ,

Edits that you make to photos are nondestructive, meaning that you can always click "Edit" on the altered version and choose "Revert" to go back to the straight-out-of-the-camera shot. If you want to keep two copies, though, just go to the image, tap the sharing arrow, and then choose "Duplicate" before you make any edits. Then you can change one version of the picture and leave the other one intact.

Hope that helps!

Hazy

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2019 1:08 PM in response to AFRJ

Hi AFRJ,

Edits that you make to photos are nondestructive, meaning that you can always click "Edit" on the altered version and choose "Revert" to go back to the straight-out-of-the-camera shot. If you want to keep two copies, though, just go to the image, tap the sharing arrow, and then choose "Duplicate" before you make any edits. Then you can change one version of the picture and leave the other one intact.

Hope that helps!

Hazy

Keep original photo after editing in photos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.