Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Series 4 Can't Make/Receive Wifi Calls

Brand new Apple Watch Series 4 purchased through AT&T. Watch has GPS and cellular service.

I want to use the watch to make wifi calls. I have no cellular service at my house and rely on wifi calling. Wifi calling works fine on my phone. If I turn my phone off, I cannot make wifi calls with the Watch.

I've enabled "other devices" in wifi calling on my account. Under Cellular, WiFi calling, I have Add Wi-Fi Calling for other devices enabled. Calls on Other Devices is enabled. Below it shows Allow Calls On my MacBook Pro and iPad. It does not show the Apple Watch.

There used to be a setting in the Watch App to enable WiFi calling. However, apparently once LTE is enabled on your account (mine is), that setting in the Watch app disappears. The Apple tech article appears to infer that WiFi calling is enabled with LTE on the account. However, it's still not working. I also made sure to disable Personal Hotspot.

I would think there's a setting somewhere in the Watch App to allow wifi calling.

I've tried turning WiFi calling on/off, rebooting both devices, making sure everything is up to date, etc. As of this writing (7/10/19), I'm running 5.2.1 on the Watch.

FWIW - My wife has a Series 3 with GPS + Cellular. She's having the exact same issue.

We specifically bought these watches to enable Wifi calling on our network, without the need for having our phones nearby.

What are we missing?

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 5

Posted on Jul 9, 2019 5:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2019 6:24 PM

I don't know if this will help

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203032

Similar questions

3 replies

Jul 9, 2019 5:58 PM in response to julieda

That reply does not help me. I understand how to connect to a wifi network.

In this case, I have no cellular connection. I DO have a wifi connection. I can receive/send text messages or do just about anything else with the watch (and phone turned off), EXCEPT make a wifi call.

Just spoke to an AT&T tech support person. They're stating that the Watch cannot make a wifi call. WTF? From what I can see, all of the literature says I should be able to make a wifi call using just the watch.

Apple Watch Series 4 Can't Make/Receive Wifi Calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.