Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calls over WiFi do not work on my Apple Watch 4

Hi everyone,

In the Apple Watch User Guide (https://support.apple.com/guide/watch/make-phone-calls-apdc38d7a95e/6.0/watchos/6.0) in the "Make calls over Wi-Fi" paragraph says:

"If your cellular carrier offers Wi-Fi calling, you can use your Apple Watch to make and receive calls over Wi-Fi instead of the cellular network—even when your paired iPhone isn’t with you or is turned off. Your Apple Watch just has to be within range of a Wi-Fi network that your iPhone has connected to in the past."

Here is my question:

1. My cellular provider MTS supports WiFi calling option.

2. My iPhone can make and receive calls through WiFi instead of the cellular network.

Why can't my Apple Watch Series 4 make and receive calls over Wi-Fi when my iPhone is turned off? What is my wrong?

Does this feature work for anyone?

Posted on Dec 22, 2019 7:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2019 2:29 AM

Hi All,

I have found the answer))

Your cellular operator should support "Wi-Fi Calling on supported iCloud-connected devices" option. Just "Wi-Fi Calling" option is not enough.

7 replies

Calls over WiFi do not work on my Apple Watch 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.