Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wi-Fi Calling On Apple Watch Series 3 (Cellular)

I can’t get the Wi-Fi calling option to appear on the Apple Watch App -> Phone.

Things I’ve checked:

1. My l cellular provider in the USA is T-Mobile. They support Wi-Fi calling.
  2. I successfully have Wi-Fi calling enabled on my iPhone 8 as well as “calls on other devices”

Thoughts?

Apple Watch

Posted on Aug 23, 2020 8:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2020 5:27 AM

Make calls over Wi-Fi

If your cellular carrier offers Wi-Fi calling, you can use your Apple Watch to make and receive calls over Wi-Fi instead of the cellular network—even when your paired iPhone isn’t with you or is turned off. Your Apple Watch just has to be within range of a Wi-Fi network that your iPhone has connected to in the past.

To see if your carrier offers Wi-Fi calling, see the Apple Support article Make a call with Wi-Fi calling, and enable Wi-Fi calling on your iPhone.

1. On your iPhone, go to Settings > Phone, tap Wi-Fi Calling, then turn on both Wi-Fi Calling on This iPhone and Add Wi-Fi Calling For Other Devices.
  2. Open the Phone app  on your Apple Watch.
  3. Choose a contact, then tap .
  4. Select the phone number or FaceTime address you want to call.

Note: You can make emergency calls over Wi-Fi, but when possible, use your iPhone over a cellular connection instead—your location information is more accurate. Make sure your emergency address is up to date—on your iPhone, go to Settings > Phone > Wi-Fi Calling, then tap Update Emergency Address. If emergency services can’t locate you, they go to your emergency address.

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 24, 2020 5:27 AM in response to taylory

Make calls over Wi-Fi

If your cellular carrier offers Wi-Fi calling, you can use your Apple Watch to make and receive calls over Wi-Fi instead of the cellular network—even when your paired iPhone isn’t with you or is turned off. Your Apple Watch just has to be within range of a Wi-Fi network that your iPhone has connected to in the past.

To see if your carrier offers Wi-Fi calling, see the Apple Support article Make a call with Wi-Fi calling, and enable Wi-Fi calling on your iPhone.

1. On your iPhone, go to Settings > Phone, tap Wi-Fi Calling, then turn on both Wi-Fi Calling on This iPhone and Add Wi-Fi Calling For Other Devices.
  2. Open the Phone app  on your Apple Watch.
  3. Choose a contact, then tap .
  4. Select the phone number or FaceTime address you want to call.

Note: You can make emergency calls over Wi-Fi, but when possible, use your iPhone over a cellular connection instead—your location information is more accurate. Make sure your emergency address is up to date—on your iPhone, go to Settings > Phone > Wi-Fi Calling, then tap Update Emergency Address. If emergency services can’t locate you, they go to your emergency address.

Wi-Fi Calling On Apple Watch Series 3 (Cellular)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.