Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Option to Gift apps no longer available in the Apple App Store from iOS devices?

As of July 7, 2019, it appears there is no longer an option to "Gift" an app through the App Store (i.e. the Gift button doesn't show up after clicking the "More" button from an app page). I used to be able to gift apps -- has this feature been removed?

Note: I've followed the steps indicated at https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201783#iOS however, there is still no Gift icon or option that appears (as I described above).

iPhone 8

Posted on Jul 10, 2019 11:06 AM

4 replies

Jul 11, 2019 8:09 AM in response to gregtes

Hello gregtes,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. I understand wanting to gift apps and not being able to. You've reached the right place for help.

Here are some reasons this can happen from the same article you're looking at: Send App Store & iTunes Gifts via email - Apple Support

• When you buy App Store & iTunes Gifts, they're charged to the payment method that you have on file for your Apple ID, even if you have a credit balance available. You can't purchase an App Store & iTunes Gift with credit.
  • If you're using Family Sharing and Ask To Buy is turned on for your account, you can't purchase gifts.

If those don't apply to you:

Thanks and have a great day.

Jul 12, 2019 10:23 AM in response to anthonymyr

I chatted with Apple support the other night with the same problem. There is no longer a gift option in the share menu. I tested from three personal devices using the same Apple ID and my work phone that uses a different ID, same results on all devices. After an hour of chatting they finally said that they were getting other reports of the same issue. Hopefully it’s fixed soon.

Option to Gift apps no longer available in the Apple App Store from iOS devices?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.