Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

TouchID Enabled NOT

Yeah, I think TouchID is fabulous. Yes I set it up for everything, and it works 100% of the time for MANY different financial institutions. I go to the Itunes & App Store section in settings, it even says "Touch ID is enabled for all purchases."

THEN, why is it NOT? I try and download a FREE app from the store and it requires me to manually type in the full password. I'm pretty sure I HAVE been able to use TouchID for this before, so why is it now broken? Running latest iOS 12.3.1...

iPad Pro, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 10, 2019 11:03 AM

3 replies

Jul 15, 2019 6:33 PM in response to Riverside_Guy

You might what to read this and make sure you have your settings properly set up to use Touch ID to make purchases:

Make purchases with Touch ID

You can use Touch ID instead of your Apple ID password to make purchases in the iTunes Store, App Store, and Apple Books. Just follow these steps:

1. Make sure iTunes & App Store is turned on under Settings > Touch ID & Passcode. If you can't turn it on, you might need to sign in with your Apple ID in Settings > iTunes & App Store.
  2. Open the iTunes Store, App Store, or Apple Books.
  3. Tap something to buy. You'll see a Touch ID prompt.
  4. To make a purchase, lightly touch the Home button.

TouchID Enabled NOT

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.