Newsroom Update

Updates to the Home experience elevate entertainment and bring more convenience. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppleTV 3 Screensaver

I have both an AppleTV 3 and an AppleTV 4 (different rooms, different TVs). On my series 3 I've been using my Flickr photos as a screensaver. But recently, the only photos that appear are the NatGeo (I think) photos that are bundled into the device. My series 4 still shows my Flickr photos.

Anyone know what changed? It seems as if the series 3 has been taken off life support.

Posted on Jul 10, 2019 11:12 AM

7 replies

Jul 11, 2019 5:59 AM in response to vazandrew

I'll ask Flickr, but I suspect it's the AppleTV, as no other screen savers work, either. It's always defaulting to the same, old NatGeo photos, which are nice, but repetitive and don't update.

When I like a screen saver, I'm usually listening to streaming music through my AppleTV. I've taken to starting the stream, then going to Flickr and running a slideshow. It's not the same thing as auto-starting a screen saver, but it's a (temporary, I hope) work-around.

AppleTV 3 Screensaver

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.