Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

activation lock help

hi, i have recently got a new iphone that has an activation lock , and i could not contact the old owner of this phone, is there any way i can get rid of this?

Posted on Jul 11, 2019 1:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2019 6:20 AM

No there is not. The only person who can disable activation lock is the person who enabled it in the first place as only they know the AppleID password needed to turn it off.

Without that person’s assistance to disable it, you will never be able to activate and use that device yourself. If at all possible, get your money back as it should never have been sold in that state.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2019 6:20 AM in response to jamshaid289

No there is not. The only person who can disable activation lock is the person who enabled it in the first place as only they know the AppleID password needed to turn it off.

Without that person’s assistance to disable it, you will never be able to activate and use that device yourself. If at all possible, get your money back as it should never have been sold in that state.

activation lock help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.