Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac 27 late 2013 completely dead

Hi, much beloved iMac 27 late 2013 died earlier this week. I've replaced the power supply but still dead. I've obviously checked the power cable. What should I do next. Desperate to get it running again.

Posted on Jul 11, 2019 5:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2019 7:16 PM

Hello,

Did you replace the power supply or did an Apple Authorized Service Center perform the repair? It is possible that your Logic Board has failed. Without physical access to your iMac it is difficult to diagnose your hardware.

Contact AppleCare

4 replies

Jul 19, 2019 7:40 PM in response to JPEady

If you did the repair yourself, did you reconnect all the cables? Sometimes it is easy to miss one or not get it fully seated.

Are you sure it is not powering on at all?

Have you tried removing the memory to see if you get the three beeps for missing memory?

Maybe you received a defective replacement power supply.

Jul 20, 2019 2:29 AM in response to HWTech

Hi, yes I attempted the repair myself. I'm pretty good around systems having worked for many hardware vendors in the past so confident connectors all good. It's possible that the replacement board is duff. But there are no LEDs on the motherboard or fans working etc. Completely dead on both original power board and replacement.

iMac 27 late 2013 completely dead

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.